Privacy & Security
Privacy & Security
Notice of Your Financial Privacy Rights
We, our, and us, when used in this notice, mean River Valley Bank.
This is our privacy notice for our customers. When we use the words "you" and "your" we mean the following types of customers::
Our consumer customers who have a continuing relationship by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as a(n):
- Deposit account
- Loan account
- Credit card account
- Safe deposit box
We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We will first define some terms.
- Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term "information" to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
- An affiliate is a company we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us. Ownership does not mean complete ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
- A nonaffiliated third party is a person we do not employ or a company that is not an affiliate of ours. This is also known as nonaffiliated third party, or simply, an "other party."
The Information We Collect
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with other parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
- Information we receive as a result of verifying customer information
The Confidentiality, Security, and Integrity of your Information
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
Messages sent via Email may or may not be secure. Therefore, we recommend that you do not send us confidential information such as Social Security or account numbers via unsecured Email.
Your Information and Other Parties
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this policy or as permitted by law. Examples of this might include disclosures necessary to service your account or prevent unauthorized transactions.
Information About Former Customers
We do not disclose information about former customers, except as permitted by law.
Authorized Sharing - Joint Marketing
We may disclose the following information to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
Information you give us on an application or other forms, such as:
We disclose the information listed above with other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
Types of Businesses
We may disclose information pursuant to joint marketing agreements to the following types of businesses:
Financial service providers, such as:
- Insurance agents
- Other financial institutions
© 2000 Bankers Systems, Inc., St. Cloud, MN
Form PRIV-DISC 9/4/2001 Custom 2.0/3514
While visiting the River Valley Bank web site, you may be directed to visit other sites. External links are included for your convenience. River Valley Bank did not participate in the development of these sites nor exercises control over the external sites you may enter. River Valley Bank is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in external sites.