A Preferred Partner.
With a sharp focus on business banking, our staff of experienced business bankers are valuable partners for small and large businesses. We offer SBA loans to business owners throughout the United States!
From unsecured business acquisitions, to fully secured real estate, to business expansion and working capital loans, we are experts at fitting the right SBA program to your needs and dedicated to helping grow your business and navigate the SBA loan process.
River Valley Bank has been an SBA Preferred Lender since 2009. The Preferred Lender status allows a bank to approve SBA loans under its own policies and procedures, which can speed up the approval process.
A Small Business Administration (SBA) Preferred Lender.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans
River Valley Bank has expanded its business banking solutions to offer SBA 7a and USDA loans to small business owners throughout the United States. With a retail branch network in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, River Valley’s expansion into SBA lending allows the company to better serve its existing communities as well as develop a national footprint to offer loan products that help small business owners who may not qualify for conventional loans.
The benefits of an SBA loan compared to a conventional loan include:
- Less of a down payment required—as low as 10 to 15 percent with an SBA loan versus 20 to 25 percent with conventional loans.
- Amortizations of up to 25 years for real estate and 10 for good will, working capital and equipment where they can be much less on the conventional side.
- SBA loans are fully amortized, which means the borrower doesn’t have to worry about renewals or balloon payments.
- Collateral shortfalls are not a barrier with an SBA loan—they are often the reason a bank will require an SBA guaranty.
- With an SBA guaranty, a bank will be more willing to finance businesses with higher risks like startups, acquisitions, expansions and special purposes.
We Offer Loan Types to Fit Your Business Needs:
SBA 7a Loan. The most common type of SBA loan and right for most businesses looking to finance their working capital needs. SBA loans are popular because of their long repayment terms and low interest rates, which make 7a loans one of the most affordable working capital solutions.
SBA Express Loans (up to $350,000). This SBA loan program offers term loans and line of credit options. Proceeds may be used for financing business acquisition, equipment, debt refinance, working capital, inventory and tenant improvements.
SBA 504 Loan. The US Small Business Administration 504 Loan or Certified Development Company program is designed to provide financing for the purchase of fixed assets, which usually means real estate, buildings and machinery, at below market rates.
504-7a Loan Comparison. If purchasing a business or getting working capital is the goal, the SBA 7A loan is likely the better tool. More explicitly, with a SBA 504 loan, proceeds can be used to buy a building, finance ground-up construction or building improvements, or purchase heavy machinery and equipment.
Government Guaranteed Loans
Whether you’re starting a business, expanding your facilities, purchasing new equipment or need working capital to jumpstart profitable growth, we can provide customized financial solutions to meet your goals and objectives.
If You Are...
- Buying an existing business
- Purchasing a franchise
- Buying equipment, inventory or need working capital
- Making improvements or want to acquire an owner-occupied building
We are the experts at finding the capital you need to grow!
Why River Valley?
Our size and structure mean we can work quickly to get loans for most business purposes, including:
- Start-up capital
- Working capital
- Construction or expansion
- Owner-occupied commercial real estate
- Multi-use or special use property
- Business acquisition and buyouts
- Furniture, fixtures and leasehold improvements
- Refinancing of debt