Home LoansBuying a house is a big decision and at River Valley Bank, we want to make sure you know all your options before you commit. Whether you’re buying your first home, building the home of your dreams or purchasing a vacation property, we can help you find a loan program to suit your needs. With our online services, you can even apply for your mortgage online, any time day or night.
Click on a loan for details.
Your basic, traditional fixed-rate home loans offer predictability in rate and payments. These loans are good for people who plan on staying in their home for a long time or who don't want to worry about constant rate fluctuations.
- Available for 1-4 family, owner or non-owner occupied properties, second homes and condos
- Variable terms available
This type of home loan often starts with a lower introdcutory rate that adjust annually for the remaining loan period. These loans can be beneficial for people who are hoping to buy and sell their home in the near future.
- Available for 1-4 family, owner or non-owner occupied properties, second homes and condos.
- Flexible financing that matches individual needs
- Variable terms available
The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) was formed in 1972 to help people with moderate to low income get affordable financing for their first home. River Valley Bank works with WHEDA to offer different varieties of home loans. (Available only to Wisconsin residents.)
- Closing cost and down payment assistance available
- Home-buyer education is required
USDA Guaranteed Rural Housing
The United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Guaranteed Rural Housing Program's mission is to help low- to moderate-income rural homebuyers achieve their dream of homeownership with loans, loan guarantees and grants. As an approved lender, we offer the Guaranteed Rural Housing Program for eligible homebuyers.
- No down payment required.
- Rural areas only
Veterans Administration Loans
Are you a veteran or currently active in the military? River Valley Bank is an approved Veteran’s Administration lender offering mortgage financing for military service veterans, current active military service personnel and surviving spouses.
- Rate is fixed for the term of the loan
- For eligible veterans only
Federal Housing Administration
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans have been helping people become homeowners since 1934. River Valley Bank works with the FHA to help you get a better deal on your loan. River Valley Bank is an approved FHA direct lender that offers several FHA mortgage programs that may be perfect for you.
- Flexible income, debt & credit requirements
- Rate is fixed for the term of the loan.
Building a home or just adding on? We can help with our construction loans.
- Available for primary and secondary residence
- Low interest rate
HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit)
A revolving line of credit that can be used for home improvements, debt consolidation and education loans.
- Apply once and use the funds as you need them.
- No penalties or fees for prepayment.